New Features & Changes
- 17 August 2021
The new features include:
- New hotkeys that allow you to take screenshots of the full screen, just the active window, or a custom region of the screen.
- Ability to save screenshots in .jpeg format
- A new "Follow the mouse" mode that tracks your mouse cursor
- Option to delay screen capture for a specified time
- Many users were waiting for the ability to take screenshots in .jpeg format. Now you can do it! The ability to annotate screenshots with shapes, arrows, and lines is a nice touch. You can now also use the "Follow the mouse" mode to track your mouse cursor. Finally, many stability fixes were made and the "Do not show the Snipping Tool" feature is now working properly.
- If you're interested in reading the full list of changes, fixes, and new features, please go to the article "Announcing new features and fixes in the latest Snipping Tool update".
- Yesterday, Microsoft released a new version of the Snipping Tool. Let's take a look at the new features and changes that are included in this update.